Safety Awareness Overview
The Office of Pipeline Safety (OPS) is the federal authority responsible for ensuring the safe, reliable, and environmentally sound operation of our nation's pipeline transportation system. An important component of OPS's mission is to promote pipeline safety through education, safety awareness, and outreach.
Shared Responsibility... Pipeline Safety Connects Us All
Pipeline safety is a responsibility shared by all stakeholders. Community and pipeline safety is improved through active stakeholder participation, especially with regard to public awareness, damage prevention, risk-informed land use planning, and emergency management efforts.
Emergency Response Outreach
- Emergency Officials
- Recognizing and Responding to Pipeline Emergencies
- Guide for Communicating Emergency Response Information for Natural Gas and Hazardous Liquids Pipelines
- Briefing: Local Emergency Planning Committees
- Pipeline Emergency Operations Standard
- National Pipeline Mapping System (NPMS)
- Common Ground Alliance 811
- Pipeline Enforcement
- Operator Information
- Pipeline Public Meeting Webcasts