How To Apply For An Explosive Approval
All approval applications can be submitted using the Online Application, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to Department of Transportation, East Building, PHH-32, 1200 New Jersey Avenue SE, Washington, DC 20590.
The explosive approval request should contain the following:
- Request Letter as described in 49 CFR 107.705.
- Examination and class recommendation report from a DOT-Approved Explosive Test Lab or a recognized competent authority of a foreign government.
- A complete summary table for all the explosive compositions contained in the explosive substance or article, the percentages by weight shown and the composition of all mixtures specifically enumerated.
- Engineering drawings in 8.5 X 11 in. format of all the explosive articles with names, product number or drawing numbers that correspond to the class recommendation report.
- Designation of Agent (This applies to foreign manufacturers only).
Requests for confidential treatment must be marked in accordance with 49 CFR 105.30.