Gas Gathering Resources
- Gas Gathering Inspection Forms
- Regulatory codes: Part 191 & 192
- Gas Gathering Final Rules and other applicable documents
- 2006 Rulemaking - Gas Gathering Line Definition; Alternative Definition for Onshore Lines and New Safety Standards (RIN 2137–AB15, 71 FR 13289)
- 2015 Rulemaking - Pipeline Safety: Miscellaneous Changes to Pipeline Safety Regulations (RIN 2137–AE59, 80 FR 12762)
- 2018 Rulemaking–Plastic Pipe Rule (2137-AE93, 83 FR 58694)
- 2019 Rulemaking–Safety of Gas Transmission Pipelines (RIN 2137-AE72, 84 FR 52180)
- 2021 Rulemaking - Pipeline Safety: Safety of Gas Gathering Pipelines: Extension of Reporting Requirements, Regulation of Large, High-Pressure Lines, and Other Related Amendments (RIN 2137–AF38, 86 FR 63266)
- Pipeline Safety: Safety of Gas Gathering Pipelines: Extension of Reporting Requirements, Regulation of Large, High-Pressure Lines, and Other Related Amendments: Response to a Petition for Reconsideration; Technical Corrections; Issuance of Limited Enforcement Discretion
- Gathering Pipelines FAQs
Requesting an Operator Identification Number and PHMSA Portal Access
Gas gathering pipeline operators who were previously not regulated are required to acquire a PHMSA Operator Identification Number (OpID) in order to submit required reports.
Instructions for requesting an OpID are available at https://www.phmsa.dot.gov/forms/opid-assignment-request-instructions-f-10001.