LNG Forms (Incident & Annual Report)
PHMSA held a webinar to explain reporting requirements for LNG operators. Here is a link to the webinar.
Operator IDs & Construction Notification
Operator Registry Notification is used by operators to obtain new Operator Identification numbers and report new construction, asset-changing or program-changing events associated with LNG facilities.
Each operator of an LNG plant or LNG facility is required to submit notification of specified events to PHMSA in accordance with §191.22(c) or §195.64(c) either 60 days or more before the planned occurrence or 60 days or less after the occurrence, as specified in these regulations.
Specified events include:
- Construction of a new LNG plant or LNG facility
- Change in the name of the operator of an existing LNG plant or LNG facility
- Change in the entity (e.g., company, municipality) responsible for operating an LNG facility
- Change in the primary entity responsible (i.e., with an assigned OPID) for managing or administering a safety program required by 49 CFR 193 covering pipeline facilities operated under multiple OPIDs
- Acquisition or divestiture of an existing LNG plant or LNG facility subject to 49 CFR 193
- Notifications must be made online via the PHMSA portal, using assigned user name and password, unless an alternate method is approved. These notifications are not posted on PHMSA’s website.