Hazardous Materials Grants Program
About the Hazardous Materials Grants Program
The Hazardous Materials Grants Program is comprised of the following grants:
- Hazardous Materials Emergency Preparedness (HMEP);
- Assistance for Local Emergency Response Training (ALERT);
- Hazardous Materials Instructor Training (HMIT);
- Supplemental Public Sector Training (SPST); and
- Community Safety (CS).
The Hazardous Materials Grants Program is funded by registration fees collected from hazmat shippers and carriers who offer for transportation or transport certain hazmat in intrastate, interstate, or foreign commerce in accordance with 49 CFR Part 107, Subpart G.
These fees also fund monitoring and technical assistance, curriculum development, and publication of the Emergency Response Guide (ERG). The total appropriations authorization for the Hazardous Materials Grants Program is $28.318M.
- Delphi eInvoicing System
- Hazmat Grants Portal
- Guidelines for Hazardous Materials Response, Planning and Prevention/Mitigation Training
- Hazardous Materials Incident Response Training
- 49 USC 5107: Hazmat Employee Training Requirements and Grants
- 49 USC 5116: Planning and Training Grants, Monitoring, and Review
- 49 USC 5128: Authorization of Appropriations
- Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (eCFR): Hazardous Materials Public Sector Training and Planning Grants
- PHMSA on the Federal Register
- National Association of SARA Title III Program Officials (NASTTPO)