2019 Hazardous Materials Emergency Preparedness (HMEP) Grant Training Symposium
PHMSA invites you to participate in the 2019 HMEP Grant Training Symposium on August 13-14, 2019. We have collaborated with a number of agencies to assist with delivering trainings, including:
- HMEP grant update
- HMEP grant application development
- Hazmat training program development
- Hazmat exercise planning, execution, and evaluation
- Hazmat awareness training module demonstration
- Hazmat risk management and grant funding prioritization
- LEPC and EPCRA primer for the first responder
- Differentiating between PHMSA and FEMA grants
- Leveraging grant funding between federal agencies
- Successful performance and financial reporting
Hotel booking and symposium registration:
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Tysons Corner Virginia Registration (closes July 22, 2019)
- PHMSA Symposium Registration (closes August 2, 2019)
About the Hazardous Materials Grants Program
The Hazardous Materials Grants Program is comprised of the following grants:
- Hazardous Materials Emergency Preparedness (HMEP);
- Assistance for Local Emergency Response Training (ALERT);
- Hazardous Materials Instructor Training (HMIT);
- Supplemental Public Sector Training (SPST); and
- Community Safety (CS).
The Hazardous Materials Grants Program is funded by registration fees collected from hazmat shippers and carriers who offer for transportation or transport certain hazmat in intrastate, interstate, or foreign commerce in accordance with 49 CFR Part 107, Subpart G.
These fees also fund monitoring and technical assistance, curriculum development, and publication of the Emergency Response Guide (ERG). The total appropriations authorization for the Hazardous Materials Grants Program is $28.318M.