Supplemental Public Sector Training (SPST) Grant
FY2019 Hazmat Grant Awards
The SPST grant is a train-the trainer program that facilitates the training of instructors who then conduct training in hazmat response for individuals with a statutory responsibility to respond to hazmat accidents and incidents.
The SPST grant is competitively awarded to national non-profit fire service organizations.
Funding: $1 million
Examples: Hazmat response training; hazmat equipment to conduct training programs
- FY2020 Supplemental Public Sector Training Grant Notice of Funding Opportunity
- Hazmat Grants Portal
- Guidelines for Hazardous Materials Response, Planning and Prevention/Mitigation Training
- Hazardous Materials Incident Response Training
- 49 USC 5116(i): Planning and Training Grants, Monitoring, and Review
- 49 USC 5128(b): Authorization of Appropriations
- National Association of SARA Title III Program Officials (NASTTPO)