Community Safety (CS) Grant
FY2019 Hazmat Grant Awards
The CS grant enhances the capability of communities to prepare for and respond to hazmat accidents and incidents and supports the training of state and local enforcement personnel who are responsible for enforcing the safe transportation of hazmat.
The CS grant is competitively awarded to non-profit organizations.
Funding: $1 million
Examples: HMR training; roadside inspection training; community awareness training
- FY2020 Community Safety Notice of Funding Opportunity
- Hazmat Grants Portal
- Guidelines for Hazardous Materials Response, Planning and Prevention/Mitigation Training
- Hazardous Materials Incident Response Training
- 49 USC 5107(i): Hazmat Employee Training Requirements and Grants
- 49 USC 5128(d): Authorization of Appropriations
- National Association of SARA Title III Program Officials (NASTTPO)