Pipeline Safety, Regulatory Certainty, and Job Creation Act of 2011
In its commitment to transparency, PHMSA publicly tracks its progress on implementing the Pipeline Safety Act's mandates and required action.
About the Act
The Pipeline Safety, Regulatory Certainty, and Job Creation Act of 2011 was designed to examine and improve the state of pipeline safety regulation. The Act:
- Reauthorizes PHMSA's federal pipeline safety programs through fiscal year 2015
- Provides the regulatory certainty necessary for pipeline owners and operators to plan infrastructure investments and create jobs
- Improves pipeline transportation by strengthening enforcement of current laws and improving existing laws where necessary
- Ensures a balanced regulatory approach to improving safety that applies cost-benefit principles
- Protects and preserves Congressional authority by ensuring certain key rulemakings are not finalized until Congress has an opportunity to act
- Access the full text of the Act here.
Last updated: Thursday, February 16, 2023