You are here

Interpretation Response #03-0289

Below is the interpretation response detail and a list of regulations sections applicable to this response.

Interpretation Response Details

Response Publish Date: 01-05-2004
Individual Name: Mr. Elbert W. Muncy, Jr.
Location state: CA    Country: US

View the Interpretation Document

Response text:

Jan 5, 2004


Mr. Elbert W. Muncy, Jr.               Reference No. 03-0289
Attorney at Law
831 W Main Street
Barstow, CA 92311-2649

Dear Mr. Muncy:

This is in response to your letter of November 5, 2003, concerning the Hazardous Materials Registration Program. Specifically, you ask whether separately incorporated, partially owned companies are required to register as separate entities.

The answer is yes.  The registration and fee requirements established in 49 CFR Part 107, Subpart G, apply to any person who offers for transportation or transports hazardous materials subject to the applicability criteria in § 107.601. The definition of “person” includes a firm, co-partnership, corporation, company, association, or joint-stock association (see 49 CFR 171.8).

I hope this satisfies your request.



John A. Gale
Transportation Regulations Specialist
Office of Hazardous Materials Standards


Regulation Sections

Section Subject
§ 107.601 Applicability