Hazardous Materials Online Registration Service (click here)
Questions and Help with HAZMAT Registration?
Call (202) 366-4488 or 1-800-467-4922.
Registration Services Page
The main Hazardous Materials Registration page allows you to choose five services:
- Home provides you with a welcome, announcements, and a HAZMAT Registration Training Video to walk you through the registration online process. In addition, there is other relevant Registration links at the bottom of this page to assist you with the registration process.
- Manage allows you to view summary information about a company by entering a company name (or part of the name), a previous registration number, the HM Company ID number, the postal code, a USDOT Number or an MC/MX Number. This option does not allow you to directly proceed to a renewal or amendment.
- Initial allows you to register a company for the first time. If you need to register an unregistered company for more than one registration period during the on-line session, we recommend that you submit the first application as an Initial registration and make payment by credit/debit card. Once you have done this, you may use the Renewal option to submit additional applications, which will save you time and effort by using the information supplied on the first application to fill in most of any subsequent statement. Payment by ACH (electronic check) will not allow you to use the renewal option until after the payment has been confirmed (usually the next business day, but sometimes a day or two later).
- Renewal allows you to register your company if it has registered in the past, using the information supplied in the record for the latest registration period to pre-populate most of the form.
- Amendment allows you to make changes to your company's previously submitted registration for the most recent registration period. You are required by regulation to notify us of changes to the company name and address within 30 days. You may also correct omissions or errors in that most recent registration. For your protection, these changes are reviewed and validated before they are recorded in the company record, usually within two working days.
Updated: Thursday, May 2, 2019